Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You can take the boy out of Rhode Island...

Like a bad penny (or health care reform) I just keep coming back. Bill and the True North team have graciously asked me to come back into the fold and serve as a contributor to the TNblog.

A little about myself: From 2004 to 2008, I was a student at Providence College and graduated magna cum laude with a BA in English and political science. During my time at PC, I served as chairman and then executive director of the College Democrats of Rhode Island. After graduation, I was hired by Obama for America (OFA) to serve on the staff of their Ocean State operation.

After the campaign, I was lucky enough to be hired by Bill as an account executive at True North, where I had the opportunity to learn from some of the best minds in the business. Last month, I left True North to pursue a Master of Public Policy degree at the University of Minnesota's Hubert H. Humphrey Institute for Public Affairs.

Now, the million-dollar question: What will I be bringing to the TNblog?

Unlike many in my program, who come from the nonprofit sector, I come to policy development with a decidedly political lens. Politics is my passion – a passion I share with many Rhode Islanders, where politics is a favorite local sport. My goal is to discuss political issues that are fermenting beyond Lil' Rhody and its New England neighbors, and bring a focus to the national scope of the political landscape. I look forward to the opportunity to post on the TN Blog regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment